Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful

It has been a rough couple of months. Many wonderful things going on for sure; the young people graduating from the Discipleship program, a new Bible Study started in the village, the radio broadcast opportunity, Hasan's brothers all becoming very interested in Church and in the Gospel, and much more. Whew!

But it's also been tough. I joked with Hasan that it felt like we are being "baptized with fire." Randy's sudden passing was so unexpected and has left a big ol' hole in our hearts :( We've been sick almost constantly since we got here, with just one thing after another, plus our three year old recently started having daily sob fests about wanting to go home to America (and I admit I've felt like joining her -although our five year old has several times told me that she "loves our life here in Kosovo,") plus downsizing from a house with a yard to a small apartment has made the adjustment even more difficult on the little ones, (ok, and me too) everyone wearing on each other's nerves rather quickly.

Over all they've done pretty well though, and I am proud of them. It is often the little daily blessings that God brings that keep me smiling... And sane :) so here are some of the little things I am thankful for today.


I am thankful for the cottonwood tree outside my window
Reminding me of home
And thankful for the wind, rattling its leaves, making them sparkle.
I am thankful for sunshine and cool air.
I am thankful for the recent rains,
Filling the reservoirs so we can have water
-Almost all day!
I am thankful for white-washed walls and potted plants
That make the room so cheerful in the afternoon light.
I am thankful for tadpoles
To watch and catch and learn about.
I am thankful for friends.
I am thankful for sisters playing ponies
In the living room.
I am thankful for good fruit
And the times I get to see it.
I am thankful for the baby,
Snuggled sleeping on my chest.
I am thankful for His mercies,
New with each sunrise.
I am thankful for this life,
Thank you.


No comments: