Monday, June 23, 2014

Women's Ministry

Well, the women's Bible study has been meeting now for two weeks and it is going very well. We are looking at worship in its different forms and how we glorify God daily. It has been an interesting and fruitful study so far and the girls are responding with enthusiasm. This week we will be looking at meditation, what this word means Biblically and how the Biblical idea of meditation differs from the common worldly understanding of it, as well as how it honors God, how it benefits us spiritually, and how to build time for Biblical meditation into our daily lives.
We would love prayer over this study, which meets at 7 pm on Saturday evenings, as well as the girls who are coming.


The women here are far more beautiful and precious to God than these lovely poppies which are in full bloom now all over the country side.


I hardly know what to call this group, since in Kosovo women are called "girls" unless they are married and we have a variety of ages coming. Girl's Meeting? Women's Bible Study? Or some other name? I don't really know yet, but perhaps the ladies and I will come up with a better idea of what to call our study.
During our time visiting the States earlier this Spring I shared with many of you my heart for the women in the villages who do not come often into town. Some of which know little or nothing of Christianity and many of whom have never heard the Gospel.

Hasan's Grandmother, who knew little of Christianity before her grandsons became saved, asked us recently, "What must I do to be saved?"

Just since our return to Kosovo a few weeks ago I have already had surprise and unexpected visits with several ladies in villages nearby and am praising God for the way He opens doors. I am very excited about these new relationships and look forward to getting to know these women better, would you pray with me that God would strengthen these relationships?





I got to visit with the very family who reside behind this door, a beautiful family who I look forward to seeing again. Pray that God would continue to open doors!

Another area in which I need prayer is my ability as a hostess. Hospitality is very important here, indeed I would say that it is a central part of this culture. I am a terrible hostess, awkward at best. My house is messy, my kids are noisy and frankly I never know the right thing to do or say. We often have the young women from the church over for visits and although I'm sure they don't mind, (or are at least used to us) I always feel that I am hopelessly floundering as a hostess, it has always been a difficult area for me. I would love prayer over this, that I could do better, but also rest in assurance that God knew what he was doing placing me here and that despite my personal challenges, his love and light will shine through.
Thank you all!
God bless,
Jacquelyn

No comments: