Monday, August 04, 2014

August Musings



Summer is flying by on wings that flash one day with sunlight, another with lightning. As much as I love the sunshine, hours at the pool side, picking plums in the lanes, the beautiful Summer storms, and the freedom Summer seems to bring, I am happy that fall will be upon us soon with cooler weather and long, golden days.

We've been here over two years now and I look back over that time with... What? Examining, I feel joy mingled with sadness, heartbreak and elation, I once said Kosovo is a land of contrasts, and it seems the missionary life is that as well.
Overall though a sense of accomplishment, of steadfastness.
And what more could one ask?
The two years have not been easy, and though no one said they would be, I expected different hardships than the ones which came to us. I joked with Hasan once that it felt we were being baptized by fire, and so it has been.
My hope and prayer is that whatever we go through we will come through purified, refined, and I continue to hope to this end. We don't always react as we should, we have flaws. Missionaries certainly are not perfect, we struggle and flounder like anyone else. We can only give our broken lives and trust that our perfect God will turn them into something beautiful, something that brings Him glory. We have all seen this in our lives and we know that our hope is an eternal one, sure, a hope that has already been fulfilled in the promises given to us.
So we press onward. We look forward to the things this next year will bring, knowing that they may be hard or good or both, but that they will certainly grow and better us.

Blessings to you all~

What challenges have you faced lately? How have you seen God at work through those?


No comments: